Posted on : 11 October, 2018
AVG antivirus is a very good program. It keeps a strict watch on every files and folder that exist on your PC and cross checks it with its database. If it finds anything suspicious then either it Quarantines those files or deletes them from your PC. Mostly, the software only quarantines and delete files infected with virus and malware but at times it even mistakenly deletes your personal and important documents. Don’t get panic in such a situation as you can definitely restore these files. There are three different methods to recover files deleted by AVG, you can use the one that looks convenient for you.
Method 1: Restore AVG Deleted Files from Its Quarantine Folder
Quarantine is a safe place for storing potentially harmful files. Quarantine area is also known as Virus Vault. These files are isolated from your operating system so that they couldn’t infect or harm other files in your PC. You can manage quarantine files with the help of AVG techies whom you can call at AVG support number UK. From this Virus Vault, you can restore files within a certain period.
• Launch your AVG program by clicking on it.
• Open its menu option and then select Virus Vault/ Quarantine.
• Now look for the lost file that you want to restore and click it.
• From delete drop-down menu, click Restore.
• The file will move to its original position.
You should only restore the file if you think it is safe otherwise you might land up in a big trouble.
If this method doesn’t work then you can move to the other one to restore your deleted file.
Method 2: Use CMD to Restore AVG Deleted Files
This method is useful for many other antivirus programs as well. Simply, follow the instructions below to recover deleted files:
• Press Windows + R key simultaneously and then type “cmd” in the given space.
• Now type “chkdsk E:/f and press enter. (E: here indicated the drive from where you lost a file, you can replace it with another drive letter as well)
• Then type Y and press enter.
• Again type E: and press enter.
• Type: attrib –h –r –s /s/d *.* and press enter.
If you couldn’t retrieve your lost file from this method as well or you find the steps a bit critical then you can take help from professionals on AVG helpline number UK. They will help you recover lost files.
Method 3: Use EaseUS Data Recovery Software
The professional AVG File recovery freeware can restore deleted files from virus infected hard drive, memory card, USB flash drive, SD card etc.
• Download EaseUS data recovery wizard.
• Select the disk or location from where you lost the file and click Scan.
• Once EaseUS finishes scanning, you can preview and restore lost data.
We hope, we could able to provide you with easy steps to recover your data.