Posted on : 05 June, 2018
Epson All-in-One printer can perform multiple tasks. Apart from printing, it can also scan, copy and fax the document. Epson printer scanner can perform its duty really well and this is the reason, a large number of people prefer to go with this machine. But technical issues can stop your scanner from scanning any document. This can happen for different reasons such as an incorrect driver installation or wrong configuration of the device. You can take help from printer experts on Epson Printer Contact Number UK to find out its exact cause and its immediate solution. But if you have patience and knowledge then you can also try the given solutions one by one to fix the issue.
• Right click the Epson scan and click on Its Properties.
• Then go to Compatibility tab and check “Run this program as an administrator”.
• Then click Apply and exit the application.
• Turn off your scanner facility and remove USB cables and disconnect from the network.
• After few minutes, set up your scanner once again and try if it works well.
Note: You can try running the application in compatibility mode later on if only administrative privilege doesn’t work well for you.
A long USB cable can cause frequent signal loss problem between your scanner and computer. You should replace your long USB with a shorter one and then try connecting your scanner. Check if this resolves the issue or not.
In many cases, Password protected sharing doesn’t allow the scanner to communicate with the printer. Thus, you can try turning it off and see if this resolves the issue. You can anytime revert back to the change.
• Press Windows + S and type “Advanced sharing” to open the application.
• Then click on “private” and put a tick on the check box “Turn on file and printer sharing”.
• You need to repeat the same for Public or Guest network.
• After that, press on All networks and then disable password sharing by ticking on the checkbox that says “Turn off password protection sharing”.
• Now press “Save change” button.
• Unplug your scanner from the computer and wait for few minutes then plug it back. Now try scanning.
You can update your scanner driver from Epson own site. You just need to make sure that you download the correct driver for your printer scanner. You can also do that using Drive Easy tool that automatically finds and install the correct driver for your machine.
In most case, the above mentioned solutions have worked really well for our customer but in case you are still facing the same issue with your Epson scanner then you can contact us at Epson Printer Helpline Number UK for further assistance.